This post is an inspiration from Cassie Davies problem of a tall girl and portia’s problem of a short girl. When I read their posts I could relate to little bits here and there from their posts or should I call it problems. I’m neither tall nor short I think I’m in the middle but I’m definitely fat so I have decided to share the problems of a FAT GIRL.
Lets understand something here, I did not just wake up one morning FAT, I have been fat from birth. For the sake of the fact that its 21st century I’ll Call FAT –PLUS SIZE.
Here are things I have gone through as a PLUS SIZE LADY
1. PEOPLE CALL YOU NAMES LIKE OROBO, FATTY ,BIG MAMA . I mentioned this in my 20 factsabout me post, growing up people called me different names even till now. Very honestly being called annoying names can reduce a person’s self-confidence , I am a victim of this. “orobo” is a name I’m used to already, I don’t get hurt by these things anymore , I have grown up and if you still feel calling me or any plus size person names gives you pleasure, have fun then.
2. BEAUTIFUL DRESSES RARELY COME IN YOUR SIZE: HA-HAAA!!!!! This is the most annoying for me. Kilode , this is unfair. I still do not understand why stores, online shops rarely have our sizes. Are we not humans? This has led me to my love for shoes and bags , they will never fail in terms of sizes.
3. PEOPLE ASSUME TO EAT A LOT OR YOU ARE A FOOD MONGER: My friends think I’m weird ‘cos there are quite a lot of things I do not eat like chocolates, bugger, pizza etc and I do not switch consumable brands. When I tell people this the next question is “HOW ARE YOU NOW FAT?” . Not everyone is fat as a result of food, some are hereditary.
4. ANNOYING JOKES: I get this from people every time, jokes about being fat, over weight. A friend told me once that “ getting annoyed over a joke will make you sad while the other person enjoys the moment” this actually helps me.
Last Sunday at a meeting someone made a comment that had to do with me and my weight and I laughed along sides everyone at his joke, he felt stupid and asked me why I laughed and I responded “you cracked a joke"
5. YOU CAN’T WEAR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING: if people see a plus size lady in a bikini they begin to insult her “WHY?”. Why can slim people wear bikini, leggings, miniskirts and plus size people cannot? Although I admit that there are something’s that do not fit us but can we be allowed to feel sexy and pretty for at least 5mins without criticism.
Images source: google.