- Not choosing a niche: People tend to start blogs with no perspective and they begin as a fashion blogger, then they are news bloggers and then sports bloggers. Choosing a niche is very important.
- Inconsistency: I was guilty when I started off as a blogger but now I have found what works for me and I'm sticking to it. If you want to blog once a week or 7 times a week its fine. Just be consistent, it keeps you audience around and builds a kind of trust.
- Lack of commitment: as much as blogging can be fun, I understand its expensive and time consuming too. When life gets in the way and so many reasons/ excuses keep coming up, keep calm and carry on.
- Quantity over Quality: Quite a few blogger think that the more your content the higher the page views.This isn't far from the truth but if you content is rubbish, people will stop coming to your blog. Simple.
- Bad/Poor headlines: The headline is there to grab the attention of the reader, you might have an amazing article but without a catchy headline no one will read.I'll do a post soon on how to write catch blog titles.
As humans we are bound to make mistakes but whats important is that we learn from these mistakes and help others avoid them. In today's post, I'll share with you mistakes bloggers make some of them I'm guilty of and hopefully we can avoid much more in the future.